- I have read over the eligibility requirements to be sure that I qualify.
- I have completed the National Scholar Grant Eligibility Survey (for applicants age 35 and over in any state otherthan Georgia or Montana) OR
- I have completed the Emerge Scholar Grant Eligiblity Survey
- (age 25+ living in Georgia or Montana)
- I am or will be registered in an accredited undergraduate (Associates, first time Bachelor’s, Technical or Vocational) program at an institution/college for the upcoming year.
- I have all the necessary documentation to submit my application before the deadline.
What You Will Need
- At least 90 minutes to complete the application
- Proof of financial need
- Requests from 2 people for letters of recommendation
- Proof of enrollment in an undergraduate program from an accredited institution/college
- Tax documents from the previous year
- Acceptance or Welcome Letter
- Your most recent transcript
- Your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR)
*Note: LIST OF ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS IF I DID NOT WORK AND/OR DID NOT FILE A FEDERAL TAX RETURN
Any and all documents should be no more than six months old (dated May 2021 or later):
- W-2 Statement
- Social Security Administrative Benefits
- TANF or SNAP Benefits Eligibility Letter
- Unemployment Benefits
- Child Support
- Worker’s Compensation Benefits
- I have requested letters of recommendation from my recommenders at least 3-4 weeks before the application deadline to ensure my recommenders have enough time to respond to this request.
*Note: Application will only be considered complete if letters of recommendation are received by the deadline.
- I have sent myself a reminder to complete and submit my application by the deadline of February 17th, 2023.
- All required fields are completed
- All documentation has been attached
- All information is correct and current