The application cycle for the 2020-2021 academic year is NOT open! Please read through the eligibility requirements below for last year's application, bookmark this page, and come back November 2020 for more information. The application cycle will be open from November 2020 until February 2021.
Jeannette Rankin Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
An applicant for a JRF Scholarship must be:
- A woman, age 35 or older
- Low-income (based on income guidelines listed below)
- A U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States.
- Pursing a technical or vocational education, an associate's degree, or a first bachelor's degree.
- Enrolled in or accepted to a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution.
- Your Goals
- You plan for reaching your goals.
- How will you use your education to give back to the community?
JRF's low-income eligibility is based on the student's estimated household income for the coming year. Our income guidelines come from the Department of Labor's Lower Living Standard. The figures below are updated each year by January 1st.
Income Guideline Chart
Compare your estimated household income for the 2019-2020 school year with the figures in this chart to determine your eligibility.
It is the policy of Jeannette Rankin Women’s Scholarship Fund to make financial awards without regard to race, creed, religion, color, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, or disability.
Please do not call the JRF office to find out if your school is accredited. Applicants should check with their school's enrollment or financial aid office to confirm regional accreditation. JRF accepts the following accreditations:
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Questions Regarding the Application
Access the application here.
See our FAQ page.
Carefully read the instructions on the application.
To view a list of resources, including other scholarships for women, click Resources.
If you still have questions, you may contact JRF via email: email@example.com
Please do not call the office with scholarship application questions.