If you are interested in applying for the Jeannette Rankin Scholarship, please read through the eligibility requirements below. The application cycle is currently CLOSED and will re-open in November 2019.
Jeannette Rankin Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
An applicant for a JRF Scholarship must be:
- A woman, age 35 or older
- Low-income (based on income guidelines listed below)
- A U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States.
- Pursing a technical or vocational education, an associate’s degree, or a first bachelor’s degree.
- Enrolled in or accepted to a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution.
- Your Goals
- You plan for reaching your goals.
- How will you use your education to give back to the community?
JRF’s low-income eligibility is based on the student’s estimated household income for the coming year. Our income guidelines come from the Department of Labor’s Lower Living Standard. The figures below are updated each year by January 1st. We will update these figures again before the application opens in November 2019.
Income Guideline Chart
Compare your estimated household income for the 2019-2020 school year with the figures in this chart to determine your eligibility.
It is the policy of Jeannette Rankin Women’s Scholarship Fund to make financial awards without regard to race, creed, religion, color, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, or disability.
Please do not call the JRF office to find out if your school is accredited. Applicants should check with their school’s enrollment or financial aid office to confirm regional accreditation. JRF accepts the following accreditations:
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
If your school is accredited by an agency listed on this website, please email the JRF Office at email@example.com to receive instructions on how to complete your application.
Questions Regarding the Application
- See our FAQ page.
- Carefully read the instructions on the application.
- To view a list of resources, including other scholarships for women, click Resources.
- If you still have questions, you may contact JRF via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not call the office with scholarship application questions.
Download the application flyer here: JRF and Emerge Scholarship Opportunities Flyer