The 2021-2022 Application Cycle is OPEN.
Each year, Jeannette Rankin Women's Scholarship Fund awards Emerge scholarships to low-income women, ages 25 and older, who are Georgia Residents pursuing an undergraduate education or a trade skills certification at an accredited college or university in the United States. Scholarships are renewable for up to 5 years and distributed directly to the recipient.
Emerge Eligibility Requirements
- Scholarship applicants must currently be a resident of the state of Georgia. Proof of residency is required. Applicants must also be accepted into a program of study at an educational institution, as evidenced by a proof of acceptance (either an acceptance letter OR a current school transcript).
- Applicants must be at least 25 years of age as of June 1, 2022. Applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, and/or physical impairment.
- Applicants must fall at or below the income eligibility requirements outlined in the table below.
- Applicants must attend a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution. The following accreditations are accepted. Please do not contact the JRF office with questions about your school's accreditation. Please contact your academic institution for information.
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Western Association of Schools and colleges.
- If your school is accredited by an agency listed on this website, please select “other” when you reach the accreditation question in your application and follow the remaining prompts.
- Applicants must complete the application online in full before the deadline of February 18, 2022.
- Applicants are responsible for gathering and submitting all necessary information. Applications will be evaluated based on the information provided; therefore, all questions should be answered as thoroughly as possible. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Scholarship recipients will be chosen based on a number of criteria:
- Your goals
- Your plan for reaching your goals
- Your plan to use your education to give back to your community
- Only a select number of applicants will be chosen as recipients. Recipients will be announced in June 2022. You will be contacted in regards to your application status whether you have been chosen as a recipient or not.
Compare your 2019 income with the figures in this chart to determine your eligibility.
It is the policy of Jeannette Rankin Women's Scholarship Fund to make financial awards without regard to race, creed, religion, color, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, or disability.
If you are ready to apply, please click the "Apply" button at the top of the webpage. Happy applying!
Questions Regarding the Application
Carefully read the instructions on the application.
Please do not call the office with scholarship application questions. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.